View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by false_Aest View Post
It's not for folks that seriously train with power but you already knew that.
Just like you know that a flat-less tire that sells for $19.99 is not a solution for any of our training rides.

This is perfect for the guy that bought a HR power estimator a few years ago and realizes that he wants a better, (slightly) more accurate power reading. (Similar idea to iBike).

It will get better over several iterations (if the company doesn't go the way of Brim Bros) and, eventually, it will be a decent tool.

I like that companies try this stuff. I think something like this could have an awesome application with e-bikes (data coming from a smaller/lighter unit). And, while you might scoff at e-bikes, most brands are off 10-20% this year + the only growing segment right now are e-bikes.
You make a lot of really great points!

To all the posters in this thread...did you not read that it can be used with a free app on your phone? And yeah, it’s not for people training for an Ironman, but it could be a useful inexpensive tool for the weekend cyclist who is trying to push himself to be faster. A few simple metrics may help him train better and let him see his improvements.

I hope the company succeeds. Great concept!