View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duende View Post
This sounds like the way to go to me. CO2 is great and all, but with latex tubes... time is limited.

This could allow me to carry latex spares, and not have to switch back from Butyl when I get home.

Not that it matter, but how much do you think the Tattico weighs?
I think it works, much better than a pocket pump and/or CO2. OMMV.

Weights:
Silca Tattico Mini-Pump: 159g
(by comparison the Barbieri CarbOne mini-pump weighs 61g, but the Tattico is much better, and much better built)
Silca Tattico bottle cage 1-piece clamp: 15g
(Silca don't sell the clamp separately, which is bs imo; lots of people have more than 1 bicycle...)
Barbieri bottle cage clamp (2-pieces): 9g
Generic eBay Taiwan bottle cage 1-piece clamp: 18g

So I use the Tattico clamp, the old Barbieri clamp, and 2 sets of Taiwan clamps on 4 frames, + the 1 Tattico pump between them all.

Similarly, I use 1 Rixen and Kaul saddle bag + 4 sets of Rixen and Kaul "KLICKFix" saddle rail clamps on the 4 Arione saddles. The "KLICKFix" clamps seem much stronger/simpler than the Fizik ICS clamps, and the R&K bags are very nice.

Switching both the Tattico pump and the R&K bag between the 4 bicycles takes literally a few seconds, and all the clamps are very tight and secure. Plus, both the pump and bag are always mounted to 1 frame, so I don't need to look around for the pocket pump I forgot I put on the shelf when I washed my jersey the other day, and is now hiding up there behind the detergent.