Thread: Milan-San Remo
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Classics Fan

I might be the last person to know the result, that cares.

Was visiting family today, so couldn't watch this morning. Got home around 7 tonight, got on the trainer and started the Eurosport replay... which doesn't let you pick your spot of the video, you have to watch from beginning to end. Ok... nice shots of Milan... did my work out, sat down to watch the last 70K or so, tried to fast forward a commercial break (I didn't know you couldn't do that at the time)... the thing starts over. ugh.

SO, let it play for 2 hours while I do some other stuff, then come in and watch the finish of the race.

Damn, I figured Kwiatkowski might pull something exciting out of his hat -- but didn't think it'd be with Sagan, I figured Sagan would be happy to make it tough but go to the finish with an elite group. Tactically, not sure why Sagan attacked there unless he was convinced that Gaviria, Degenkolb and others would smoke him in the finale. Either way, that was a huge attack from the Slovak that made the race. His tactics sure are exciting, if a little questionable. But, like I said. If his choice was finishing 5th in a bunch sprint or this, I think it was the smart move.

Three great riders in the finale. Alaphilippe showing more versatility than I expected.

Certainly the most exciting MSR that I've watched live, and I'm extremely thankful that I was able to watch it without knowing the outcome.