View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.steelman
One of my friends and customers brought this discussion to my attention. I think some clarification might help.

Nothing I did in the last year was premeditated. I went into a state of depression, very dark and very deep. Those that have been there know. At the bottom I could only think to close the business and sell all the assets. When that decision was made, an enormous swell of support followed which slowly helped bring me up. We had to return deposits because it was the right thing to do. I did not get any complaints, only support. My customers, friends, and family are beyond reproach.

I have no expectations, but I now know that lots of people are concerned and do care. That in itself is worth any kind of criticism of how I have handled things.
I would hope this ends the idea of customers being unhappy.

We can talk about what "might" happen forever. Mr Steelman is ok with his customer base, then I can't see a problem. In fact it was hard to see a problem all round.
Mr Steelman decided not to build frames. He returned the money. This is NOT anything like some other cases we all have heard of.

I would guess that if a customer still wanted a frame, he might get moved up on the list a bit. I can not say that for sure, because I have no idea, but it would seem reasonable. At least to me.

In life, sometimes things happen, some good, some not so good. All you can do is try to make things right. Mr Steelman appears to have tried to do that.

Personally, I wish Mr Steelman well and hope he makes 1,000's of more frames. Mainly because I like the few I have seen.

I don't see a problem at all.