View Single Post
Old 09-13-2017, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsinill View Post
Problem is that most LBS are not much different from PB, besides the size and maybe the atmosphere of the store.
It's limited knowledge and a focus on products that doesn't work for me, neither with PB nor with most LBS.
Just walk into the average LBS and ask whether they will cold set a steel frame or try to buy a set of Campagnolo UT BB cups...
Agreed, most LBS's hire in our area seasonal employees that are college students and they learn as they go which means they don't ever learn much before they quit. Our largest LBS does have two guys that have been there for over 9 years and they seem to know more than a normal LBS. Some places do have very top notch people working, I really liked the Team Action Sports in Bakersfield Ca, they always had the right information and Kerry Ryan was always on hand if you needed something more; in all the places I lived or been to I never came across a better place then Team Action Sports, not saying their the best in the US, I said they were the best of all the places I lived or had been to.