View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
For a number of years now I have ridden with a tail light, or two, all the time.

Then I started riding with a headlight too.

Then i realized I was riding my commuter bike all the time because it has a dynamo and lights.

That was the point where i really accepted that my style of riding had changed and even went so far as to get a dynamo wheel built up for my "go fast" bike too.

I basically never ride anymor without them and both head and tail lights and, yes, i probably get made fun of.

So what.
I've often thought about this -- while I'm not commuting as much as I used to (working two jobs, and my wife isn't keen on my coming home at 11pm -- although really, I find it safer than 7am or 5pm, but that's another story), I am riding more and more at zero-dark-thirty. And especially as we're coming up the darkest time of year, if I want to stay out (which I'd prefer to zwift, if only to not wake my wife every morning) a dynamo might make sense. Just not sure how easy on/off it would be when it's time to throw the bike back into 'race' trim. I'm assuming zip ties up the fork for the wiring?

(sorry for the thread drift...)