View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 11:20 PM

I've got a fair bit of music, pictures, files and some videos on my 16gb ipad and I've still got plenty of room. My apps are minimal and I've got no games. I only use apps when it makes sence.

I find irony that a lot of software is moving SaaS but many phone/tablet owners still want an app on their device. Give me a good website over an app any day. Why bother using my storage space when most times the information is still web based? Free apps that require a web connection (think news or sports) baffle me. That's what my web browser is for, looking up web based content. I don't need 12 "browsers" with specific functions. I need one, and 12 good websites bookmarked. Anyway...

I have other places I store content:
I've got a free 25gb skydrive account for personal things that I don't use often and don't need without a network connection

I've got a home network I can access wirelessly (at home) for mass storage of things I rarely need.

Most work information gets saved on a server behind the company firewall.

Edit: apps like YouTube, ebay, and Facebook are common examples of useless apps. It's web based content that can be accessed via the built in browser.

Last edited by thirdgenbird; 07-30-2013 at 11:37 PM.