View Single Post
Old 04-02-2024, 02:47 PM

Not sure exactly what year but my mother had a Countryman and it was a freaking disaster of unreliability. It was in that range though.

They absolutely loved the car and actually replaced it with a 2024 Countryman... they liked it that much.

Their car had numerous limp home or total break down on the road type major issues issues. The final straw was a turbo related failure that BMW gave them something like a $10k estimate for. I forget what but there was something about the design of the turbo that made a normal repair impossible and pushes you to a whole new turbo. They have apparently fixed this in newer BMW/Mini turbo engines. It was something like the boost sensor or the blow off valve/controller was inside the turbo and not replaceable before, but on newer Minis it is designed to be able to be replaced.

Apparently CR, etc.. are all saying BMW and Mini reliability/quality has absolutely skyrocketed since 2020 but 10 years ago they were not good.

I have not driven the 2024, the old one was fun to drive but not as fun as I expected. I didn't drive it a whole lot though.