View Single Post
Old 02-19-2024, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenbike View Post
Well there isn't a single MTB shoe currently that doesn't look like an early 00s era skate shoe meets star wars paratrooper, which as a grown adult I have no interest in looking like. I've found any flat soled vibram trail runner shoe fits better and looks normal usually for less than the cost of MTB brands. Altra Grafton for example work great and the soles are just as good as 5.10s I've tried. I've also had okay luck (on the wide fit) Salomon trail runners, topo athletics, and even Sense of Motion (best foot shape imo, but best suited for mellow XC riding).
I wear Altra Lone Peaks daily and love their width. I’d check out those Grafton (great trail btw) but if the sole is super soft my pins would tear them up pretty quick. Currently using Shimano GR5s which have been great and can be had cheap right now since they came out with a replacement model. They look less like a puffy early 2k skate shoe. Before that I had Fizik tensors but for the price they didn’t last and the toe box was slightly less wide than my current Shimano. Previous to that was 5.10 Freeride Contacts(zero tread under the pedal so the pins grab anywhere) which were great for the toe box but discontinued and the regular Freeriders are slimmer. Mostly ride trail/enduro with a lot of rocks in Vegas so I don’t mind a burlier shoe for protection.