View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by p nut View Post
Just wondering if there are any updates? What’s he need? Hope recovery is going well.
Thanks for checking on me. I've been home from rehab for a week or so and am trying to restore my life.

Not sure what all was posted here, but I was in the hospital for about a month and almost died at the bike crash. I then did daily rehab at the Brooks center in Jacksonville for three months for my traumatic brain injury. I "graduated" from Brooks rehab, but I'm certainly not back to normal. My biggest issue is my vision which I am missing much of seeing out of the right side with both eyes. So I can't currently drive and am slow at reading. I hope this will improve over time. I still have some other minor brain issues related to memory and other things.

I am so thankful that I am able to remember my life and family. There were a number of folks at the rehab center that had lost some of this and it was very sad.

I must say that my wife is an amazing person who watched over me all this time. I love her very much and she has been a huge help in me getting to the point I'm at now.