View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 01:46 PM

I sold my Solo this spring after riding it a ton but never wore out the stock tires. They were worn, but still plenty of life.

I think I would have found different tires pointless. The bike trailer is a parachute, I'm sure you know that, particularly beyond 15mph, which is the listed top speed, you're pulling a massive amount of air resistance.

Couple that with high weight and tires really wouldn't seem to matter. If anything I might have wanted to think about putting tires on with more off road traction, but the tires are not driven, so that's pointless too.

For kicks one time I did a little unscientific test with my power meter and it was way over 450w to go 21-22mph on flat ground before you factored in wind.

What I am regretting is we also got a Wehoo last year, around July 2016. We used the Weehoo for a good bit last fall, but have barely used it this year as my son can now ride without training wheels, and he'll happily go for about a 5-6 mile ride and it'll take an hour or so with a playground stop. It's a similar quality of workout as pulling the Weehoo, so we got less than a year out of the Weehoo. We got about 3 seasons out of the Burley. (He'll be 5 in November)