Thread: 9/11 2001
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM

I was driving to work when I heard about a small plane hitting the WTC - thought it was strange, and tried to figure out how that could happen. Was working at a small consulting firm north of Boston, and when I got to the office (in a cool old house), the admins said a plane hit the WTC. I said, yeah I heard that - then Sheila said "No, it was a 757". I spent the next while trying to figure out how that could possibly happen.

The managing director then sent me to Best Buy to buy a TV so we could figure out what was going on. While in Best Buy, the second plane hit, and I watched it on like 30 TV's. Still trying to figure out how this was happening, and then like a light switch realized it was intentional.

We had people all over the country that day - in LA, SF, Las Vegas. One of our consultants was supposed to be on United 175 that morning. She decided the day before that going to LA for that project didn't really make sense with everything else we had going on. She still has the boarding pass. There is a flag at each of the gates in Boston where the WTC flights left.

Our guys in Vegas couldn't get a flight, couldn't get a rental car, so one of them bought a car and drove back with a couple of our clients. The complete lack of planes in the sky made me very uneasy, as someone who flew all the time.

I didn't know anyone killed that day, but many friends in NYC and the financial world were hit very hard.