View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v531xc View Post
How stupid is it to buy a used TDI right now? I'm in the market for a wagon and found a 2010 Jetta SW TDI in my price range with 150k miles. Seems like a good deal, clean history, good service records, two previous owners so I'd be number 3.

I've been trying to follow all of the diesel redemption strategy, but can't tell if the buy back credit, should the car I've seen turn into a money pit, only applies if you owned the car during Sept. 2015 which is when they seem to be pulling the market value of the car before offering compensation beyond that.

All signs point to me wanting this car. My only hesitation is the service history since the dealer has owned it (over a year) and what the contingency plan is, which is likely not to include private sale if there is a buyback soon to be in place.

Any thoughts from those following this a bit more closely?
I do not believe that you would be eligible for reparations, but I'm not an attorney. Otherwise there wouldn't be any on the market. The flippers would be snapping them up. For the gift cards you had to be the owner of record on 9/18/15.