View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampyer View Post
I would just note that this can be--and shouldn't be--over-done, which I'm pretty sure you would agree with. If on a rest day one burns, say, 2,000 calories, and on the next day one goes for a long ride and burns 5,000 calories that day, one can't just take in 1,000 calories a day for both days and expect to lose weight, or at least not fat weight. The intake should be at a deficit, but not such a deficit that it causes the body's metabolism to slow down.

To the OP, if you're looking to lose 15kg, you probably need to do more than cycling. Try to avoid being sedentary. Walk or ride a beater bike for short trips if you can. Park at the far end of a parking lot instead of searching for the closest space. Take stairs. What you do off the bike is as important as what you on it.
yes to both points made.

I was told that at my weight (70kg), one should average about 500-700 kcal deficit per day. My rest metabolic need was probably 2400 kcal/day.

I've also not done any fasting rides for more than 90-105 minutes. Sooner or later, I need to begin fueling again