View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 07:09 PM
needs adult supervision

Another possible way to look at the situation:

If you believe in karma, situations are never random and never products of luck, not good or bad luck. We are where our actions have led us. We are presented with situations as opportunities to learn and grow.

Could you step back from the situation, step back from what you see as your role and your wishes, and see the entirety of each person's role and place in the situation. Is there an opportunity to learn something here, maybe something uncomfortable or challenging? Is there a person in the situation who needs your compassion and understanding?

I know it's hard (I'm crappy at it) to put our own sense of right and wrong aside, to set our desires aside, and see something painful as a chance to change and grow. To see a moment radically differently. Is there something like that chance somewhere in this difficult moment?

Simply put, life might not be doing something_to_ your family right now, but doing something_for_your family. I don't think the universe is cruel. It's a stern but loving teacher. Can you see a lesson here somewhere?

I hope all your family find a door to peace.