View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
I won't be recording daily I don't think.. that's actually not a great think to do if you are trying to lose weight.. there is always an initial loss and then a plateau as you replace that fat with muscle.. at least for most people and chasing a number every day or two is bound to get some folks down and disappointed.. I'll probably try and do weekly and just watch how my clothes fit.. (gotta get that new to me Rapha jersey a little looser! )
I think how often you take your vital signs depends on your personal preference and what you do with the data. In my case, I do much better with the daily habit. I've been weighing myself (and getting O2 saturation and pulse) daily since early in the pandemic. If I was to, say, just weigh myself each Sunday, I would invariably fall out of the habit, then miss a day (or two, or three), which would create a bigger gap in the data. I also plot the data, both raw and seven day moving averages. I think the moving average probably gives you a better idea of what your weight trends are than just looking at numbers and comparing this week with last week or last month. That said, I don't get too bent out of shape if I miss a day (or a week). I don't travel with my scale or pulse oximeter.

I agree clothes fit is also a decent measure, especially since most of us tend to gather pounds around our middles. I was pleased as punch when my 36" jeans began to get harder and harder to keep up and I began to use my 34" jeans.