View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:56 AM
Bike Geek

I live & ride in the Bay Area and I'm constantly surprised by how many people leave their garage doors wide open with juicy bikes fully on display when I'm riding around the suburbs... Also, I occasionally venture out to buy stuff on CL here, and I'm shocked at how many people in affluent areas like Portola Valley, Los Altos, Woodside, San Carlos, Burlingame still invite me into their homes/garages to sell me bike parts... When they pop open that garage door to meet me in the garage to sell me something, I'm like

*latest example was Portola Valley: I was buying some pedals from a guy, he opens up his garage door, and reveals an S-Works Venge, S-Works Tarmac, De Rosa, and countless sets of Lightweights & Zipp wheels... no, I won't tell you the address! must be my angelic face?

The Bay Area will always be a target for bike thieves, because they know there's money here, and money buys toys, and toys can be stolen, and fenced... and people here are too busy working... easy targets.

Lock those bikes up inside the house, get a dog, mount a camera, stay on guard, but they will still lurk and try... It's a problem