View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 12:41 AM
You still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyTirando View Post
@stephenmarkley, @salesguy, @dave thompson, good things to hear about Rivet. I will dial down my unwarranted snark. Interesting to hear about the joint origin - and sad - to hear the involved parties couldn't find a way to move forward together. And good to hear that Rivet didn't jump on SA's bandwagon, but were doing their thing at the outset, too.

It could make for an interesting comparison, and good for us consumers, to see what each comes up with as they work off the original, good idea. Not like a Shimano vs. Campagnolo, rather more like Campagnolo vs. Campagnolo: small, innovative operations staffed by dedicated people.
Tom Milton, the founder of Selle Anatomica died in 2010. The legal battle between his partner and his legal heirs went on for several years. I think Rivet came into existence in 2012 when she lost the fight to keep the Sella Anatomica assets and design so she took what she said were Milton's ideas for future improvement to his design and began Rivet.

I think the development of Selle Anatomica is pretty mature, the basic idea has changed little. Rivet seems to be a little more progressive and have had new designs introduced in the past few years.

The one recurring issue with Selle Anatomica, even the X, which is reinforced for heavier riders, is excessive sag happening relatively soon requiring adjusting the tension bolt fairly often. They don't have near the lifespan of a Brooks. The new X-2 series seems address that problem with a replaceable leather seat.