View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 07:50 PM

I just got an email about that today. I have an "X" on one of my bikes and I 'think' I like it. There are some things I don't, though: my wife, eyeing it leaned up against the bookshelves, thinks it looks less classy than, say, the Specialized Phenom on the Pinarello. And I think the rails look and feel a little cheap compared to chromoly or Ti. And the damned thing is heavy.

But the copy in the email seems to indicate they're dealing with this: the stainless tubing in the new version purportely saves 150g, and the construction is 'modular,' which they say means you can replace a worn-out top on your own. The back part of the underframe(?) is cast aluminum. The pictures show a much prettier saddle than their old one, top and bottom. I'm intrigued.

Curious about a company called "Rivet." I clicked a link to them while researching handlebars on the Lovely Bicycle blog, was taken to a fancy website selling what looks to be a blatant knockoff of the anatomica. Meanwhile, SA seems to be a nice company: I had a question about my saddle a couple months ago, emailed them, and got a lovely reply from the owner of the company. Classy.