View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upon3 View Post
With all due respect, this attitude on forums drives me insane. Just because you were doing something longer than someone else, neither makes your opinion more valid or your viewpoint on the subject more or less correct than someone else's. All it does is show a red ass.

Age isn't necessarily a sign of expertise or knowledge, it just means you haven't made any fatal mistakes lately.

By the way, I don't disagree with you at all—just the way that the message is being argued.
I read Pbarry's comment with a little more charity--I thought he was saying that for those of us that actually raced with 5 speed corncobs, friction shifters, leather shoes and toeclips, the Eroica-era bikes do not seem that remote or antique--certainly not 'Civil War' remote--not that he spoke with more authority because he had been riding longer.

It reminds me of what mom used to say--"Anything I can remember using on a daily basis is not an antique!"

Although I was grumbling about the artificiality of the equipment guidelines, I would love to ride the event.