Thread: OT: car advice
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp43 View Post
If it's only going to be you and your stuff in the car, a coupe is fine. They're a bit of a pain to get people, and large items in to the back seat, since there's no back doors.

A couple people mentioned the Fit. How tall are you? I drive a Fit, and at 6'3", I wish the seat went a little farther back, but otherwise, it's roomy enough.

Chris
5'11...yet still have stretch issues in a lot of smaller cars. I'll try one out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelJLloyd View Post
Maybe it's just me. To me you are just taking a sedan and making it less convenient. They are simply more practical and that seems to be at the heart of your desire/necessity of purchasing a car. Maybe if you think you will never put anything in the backseat or ever carry passengers, but I still come back to "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it". The car is going to drive the same all other things equal.

And if you are looking specifically a coupe you just narrowed your search big time. There are pretty solid reasons why very few non-sports car coupes have been produced since the 1970s. Assuming you're content with the size of your junk and won't be looking to put $10k worth of Fast & Furious parts on it, you'll be happier with a sedan. I know I would and every friend I've had who has owned a coupe past the age of 21 has wished for the rear doors at some point.

If you do look for Corollas, I personally think the S models are worth the premium.
I don't even know what I don't know...I thought it would have no, or tiny back seat...and thus more leg room. If the leg room is the same, I'd rather have hatch back for the 1/100 times my wife may need to borrow it. It's not a sports car thing.

Definitely not fast and furious...ha!