View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde the point View Post
The wife and I will be visiting Fallingwater this sat then riding to Cumberland from Confluence. Return the next day. Easy two day trip taking in the most beautiful part of the GAP. Rode from Pittsburgh last year and the Mrs. did not enjoy the Pitt to Ohiopyleofshi$ ride. Funny what they'll tolerate sometimes. I do love the trail and the b&b's.

I did the whole Shebang couple years ago from Pitt to DC. Had some big Continental Touring tires that were overkill for the GAP, but perfect for C&O. Fenders saved my bacon for sure.
Cheers Clyde!

I have a rock solid Gunnar Grand Tour with 38 Conti Contact II and heavy duty aluminum fenders. The bike is an amazing tank of a touring rig. I've travelled quite a bit by bike over the last 35 years and always enjoy a new route and challenge. I'm excited about 300 + miles on a bike path. I had been planning a route in and around Wisc/Mich but seemed so old and boring. The GAP and C&O have always been on my radar so I just changed plans and decided yesterday to do it.

I'm not worried about the bike in the least. I'm lucky that way!

Thanks for the notes and enjoy your ride!