View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbicycles View Post
I have been dwindling down my athletic sock drawer of late and pitching the old socks that either no longer fit (shrunk), or have more holes than they have material. I'm looking for socks that must be good for both cycling and running, just a simple 1/4 length.

Problem I have with a lot of my socks is that while they start out fine, after a while many shrink too much and feel tight from heel to toe (sz 14 shoes). My size puts me just on the cusp of not fitting most "bulk" packaged socks at the stores around me. I've had DeFeet aerator socks that have held up well over time, some PI that are newer and doing ok, and many other misc. "bike branded" that have all shrunk.

So since there are lots of people here with feet, any recommendations for other socks I should check out?
This likely comes down to personal preference, but I have very different tastes in running socks versus cycling socks. For cycling I do not want anything to thick but can otherwise wear just about anything, though mostly has been Hincapie because they come with my team kit. For running, I need something thicker and always go back to Thorlos (they worked in college and they worked best for me as part of my marathon training last year).