View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pschnei3 View Post
States in my original post I have enve/edge handlebars. I guess I don’t have to paint them but I think it would look much better then having a big white edge logo.
EDIT: I see that cadence90 beat me to it...saying the same thing essentially...using fewer words :-)

You'll definitely need a solid color if you don't want to sand the logos off. You can either spray it with a single stage matte solid color which wouldn't require a clear coat (maybe less durable, not sure...) or follow the directions I posted earlier but spray with a matte clear. CF isn't really black so you'll need something more of a dark charcoal color in satin or matte. If you really want to duplicate the existing finish however you'll need to carefully sand off the ENVE logo (not too hard, just don't sand into the CF layers) then re spray with a satin or matte clear coat. That way you'll have the real CF color coming through. I'm by no means an expert so others may have better advice.

**BTW, I've found you can get pretty close to a satin finish even with a gloss clear. When wet sanding the clear to get the orange peel out just stop at 2000 or 3000 grit. Going beyond that with the buffing compound is what creates the glossy mirror finish.