Thread: Soma Wolverine
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtb_frk View Post
Its funny how things work out sometimes, I had decided to move on from the wolverine and just cram the biggest tires I could into my dirt road/cross bike. I was able to get a 38 in the back, and a 40 in the front. I rode it all spring/summer/fall. Along the way I picked up Trek Crocket as I am switching my race bikes over to disc. It seemed like it would work good, bigger tires, disc, fender mounts etc. The thought was to switch it over to my dirt road bike after the cross season. On the local mtb forum, someone posted a new, never built wolverine in my size, so of course I can't resist emailing the guy about it just because. Well turns out, I ended up buying it how could I not? I have just about all the parts laying around to put it together. Last night I was fitting the fork and just had a mtb front wheel handy with a specialized ground control 2.3 on it, figured no way this will fit. To my surprise it fit with some extra clearance, I was very surprised. Hopefully I can get it built up this weekend.
I am interested to hear what you think of it. I am very interested in picking one up myself.