View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact
We have never been able to get such a thing from Cervelo. We just get a confused run around.

But if they have it, that's the right answer.

Update: This guy got the right parts, obviously:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/fo...p?f=10&t=80217
Kontact, I am confused... if you are a Cervelo dealer and presumably an able mechanic, why would you suggest the BB adapter workarounds that you list above for a BBRight install. The BBRight adapter cups for Campy, Shimano FSA and Rotor have been widely available from Cervelo since November when they began delivering their 2011 BBRight equipped R-Series frames. Granted, there are some limitations to installing some older cranks/BB systems to the new BBRight standard, but such is the case when any new standard is introduced (e.g. headset bearings, stem clamp/handlebar diameter etc).

Also, I am not clear why you indicate that Cervelo folks are confused and inaccessible. Anytime I have had a warranty issue or technical question, I simply pick up the phone and call Toronto directly and I always speak to a real and capable person on the other end. When their tech support people have not been able to answer a question at times they have patched me through to one of their engineers and my questions have always been answered (either directly on the phone or vial email). For example, in handling my warranty claims for three R-series frames in the last 24 months, I have never had to wait for longer the 10 days for a replacement frame. The only issue I have had with Cervelo is that they have yet to issue a directive to dealers and consumers outlining the need for Loctite 609 or 641 when installing the BBRight adapter cups.

With regard to the BBRight system and its claim of increased BB stiffness...for those who have not tried a Cervelo R-series frame with BBRight it is really worth experiencing. I too was a doubter of perceived vs real increase in BB stiffness, but was pleasantly surprised by the noticeable difference. The increased stiffness is due not only to the oversize BBRight shell, but also the massive seatstays and the square seat and down tubes that connect to the BB shell. Moving from a 2010 R3-SL frame with threaded BB shell to 2011 R5 with BBRight Campy adapter cups, the difference was very notable.

Lou