View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 08:38 PM

Belt Drive SuperSix EVO - Now 5.82kg

A few of you all may have seen me scrounging around for parts...

I'm finally getting close!

I've got a 2014 Supersix EVO frame that I'm converting to belt drive. The bulk of the work was done by Joey over at the Frame Doctor, north-west of Orlando, FL.

He machined a piece in the spirit of the Paragon splitter, to fit perfectly inside the seat stay, cut the frame, attached the splitter, and painted it back up all pretty. I just got the first photo of the completed work today, expect to see it all together in the next week or so, after I check fit of a couple more parts before ordering the last couple things.

Will be using the gates CDX drive system, and will be using a rear cog that fits a standard S-group freehub body, so I'll be able to use whatever wheels I want (read: 60/44 Boyds with powertap).

The bike built up as Cannondale intended it was 16.5lbs with a SRAM Red group. Going belt and singlespeed should drop that considerably.

I'll be using a Wheels MFG eccentric BB for chain tension, paired with a Shimano 6600 crankset, for the time being.

Have a set of Ciamillo Zero G - Ti brakes that I hope to make work, though I doubt they'll open wide enough for the Boyds (or any wheel I've got, for that matter), barring that I'll use a set of TRP brakes I have sitting around for the meantime

Will round the build out with an FSA plasma bar/stem,TRP RRL SR brake levers, and eventually Nokons or Yokozuna housing.

I'll be using the stock Cannondale C1 post until I see something I can't pass up go by.

Should be a great build when all is said and done!

Added photo of bike in current state
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (76.4 KB, 1902 views)

Last edited by MaraudingWalrus; 02-19-2016 at 05:59 PM.