View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM

I'm an aficionado of the Cree XM-L T6 lights. They're nice and cheap, and give you 1,200 or 1,800 lumens.

https://www.amazon.ca/RioRand-Light-...ee+lights+bike

They've got sizable battery packs that you remove to recharge. They're a tiny bit cumbersome putting on and taking off, I suppose. Meaning? You don't toss them on in the blink of an eye, you might spend thirty seconds or so attaching everything like I have in the pics below, but the result is that you've got yourself some serious headlamps.

I do lots of riding at night in the dark countryside during this, the dark half of the year (I prefer riding after 6 pm because there's less traffic). I see everything in front of me and feel completely confident having two of these on my handlebar. They've even got normal/high beam settings accessed by the green button.

I think these are made in China specials, and I suspect the quality control could be touch and go, but, you know, they're cheap. I've had mine for several years now. Last year I spent $30 getting the wiring on one of them redone by a local guy because I'd dislodged some soldering when pulling the plug by grasping the light and yanking on it, instead of getting hold of the plug itself and pulling from there. But the repair was totally worth it.

Last edited by rousseau; 10-20-2017 at 07:23 PM.