View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbysecondrow View Post
I will start by saying that all of my favorite Hard Rock songs share a strong opening, which pulls you into the song and forces your head to jam, air guitar to come out, drums on your steering wheel. You don't even know it is happening, it just takes you over. With all of that said, here are my favorites, in my current ranked order:

"One" is a great song, maybe one of the best. The guitar, the drums, the raw emotion. It is gripping. This song has moved me to tears more than once.

"Cult of Personality" Living Colour...just a great song which has the energy to get you head banging from the first note.

"Welcome to the Jungle" When it starts, you know it is going to take you on a ride...roll with it and enjoy it.

"Changes" Black Sabbath...arguably not a Hard Rock song, but I put it here anyway. A great song, it is hard to believe it is 40 years old, as it could have been a hit. Ozzy vocals at their best, IMO.
Based off your criteria I would add Kravitz's, Are You Gonna Go My Way. From the first lick it gets you.