Thread: Braking Badly
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpediemracing View Post
With all respect I'd look at your cornering technique, approach, etc. It's mainly cornering lines, not actual technique. With good cornering lines technique is much less significant, and with a minimum level of technique a rider can descend well.
+1 on the above...and make sure that your front is your primary stopper and you are shifting body weight as well...finesse can alleviate the fading that you are experiencing.

You haven't told us how much you weigh? I know the road you describe well, from my days in CA and unless you are over 300 pounds the Campy calipers should provide plenty of stopping power. Also, are your calipers set-up with a a wide gap before pad meets rim, leaving you with now bite after minimal fade? You mentioned you cleaned brake surface on your rims, but did you remove the glaze an grime that builds up on your brake shoes?

My wider point is that there are a variety of rider and mechanical factors to consider, before giving up on your otherwise amazing Campagnolo calipers.

Lou