View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunegoFan View Post
Cycling Tips' article about it.

http://cyclingtips.com.au/2014/10/ar...tiny-by-usada/

Aside from the utter stupidity of trying to ban people from riding glorified centuries, what strikes me odd is how Betsy Andreu is involved in about every article that comes out about Armstrong. Does she spend twenty-four hours a day following Armstrong's every step? She really seems determined to prove that Armstrong was right about her being a crazy axe grinder.

No, she was right and you're in danger of shooting the messenger.

If you were to analyse the article a little more closely you'd realise that it first paraphrases years old news to introduce her name, and that either her 'comment' is based on a tweet or a very very short phone call, almost certainly initiated by the journalist.

If she is involved in comment on every article you've read it may be because her story and message has been unswervingly on point. It's called attribution, and sometimes is more like inference.

Even if a subject says 'no comment' it can be inferred as 'has reservations' or 'is scared of the consequences and will not be publicly quoted'. What happened in this case is not clear, but you are wrong to consider she might be crazy, or an axe grinder.

Betsy Andreu was right, correct, and deserves to be recognised as such. Somewhere I have the full transcript of her evidence from back then, not to mention a couple of those interesting mp3 phone recordings which made their way in to the public domain at some point (if you were interested in reviewing the evidence).