View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blantonator View Post
I currently ride a supersix evo himod and love it to death. I've also picked up a DB Haanjo for commuting and occasional backpacking trip. I've been riding a lot less these days and am now dealing with apartment life and would like to combine the two. I'm looking for soemthing that will fit 30's with fender and 42x650b for bike packing and I'd like it to have the handling of my supersix. While I love the the flexibility of the Haanjo it has a 69* HTA in my size and is not an inspiring road bike.

I'm sure I could have something custom made, Davidson and Hampsten are down the street, but what do I do about a fork? I dont want a cross fork with tons of empty clearances. Will an ENVE Gravel fork fit a 650x42? Are there other options?

Thanks!
Wow! I'm in the same boat, with a S6 Hi Mod, and was about to get the Haanjo too. I want a road bike the can go off road, and the Haanjo, as cool as it is, is a bit more slack than desired. I looked at Open Cycles' UP and it gets rave reiews (haven't ridden one). However, it's got gobs of tire clearance and looks silly with 25s or 28s on the wheels. And it's uber expensive. Also ridden the Synapse disc, and the geometry was too upright for me, compared to the SuperSix. Then...

A couple weeks ago, I was at a cycling event and laid eyes on a near-to-be-released Ritchey Outback. I took it for a test ride and fell in love. I'm getting one. It seems to check all the boxes:
  • 12mm TA, with flat mount
  • BSA BB (no funky press fit)
  • 7cm BB drop
  • no rack or fender mounts (it's a performance oriented bike!)
  • road geometry
  • fork axle to crown is 38.3 (not cross sized at 39.5!)
  • tire clearance up to 38ish, or 40ish-not too much, not too little

To be sure, it's not a SuperSix. But it's also a more performance oriented bike that most everything else that's been offered in this thread, and get's my vote as the best n=1 bike for a rider who loves a SuperSix, but wants more versatility.

http://www.bikeradar.com/us/road/new...ce-bike-48025/

Last edited by mistermo; 10-22-2017 at 05:40 AM.