View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrooms View Post
American football will die a slow death imo. Parents are already refusing to allow boys to play as more & more studies confirm CTE. Of course, this is a class situation. Affluent parents weigh the risk and say nope. The less than affluent, who see football as an escape, will in many cases accept/ignore the risk.

I follow the college game & you see this dynamic quite often.
White player gets to his 3 rd concussion & he quits, despite a promising continued college career w a shot at the NFL. African American players keep 'living the dream.'

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/articl...s-of-black-men

Of course I could be wrong, a culture that's traded religion for the Sunday gladiators may find its violence fix too hard to let go of & accept the sports PR campaign - aka smokescreen - to lessen the incidence of CTE.

And the Will Smith movie is quite good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is the single biggest problem for the NFL is all this: The talent pipeline starts to dry up, and the quality of the on-field product declines, it starts to become less enjoyable for fans to watch.

That's all they really care about long-term. Player health isn't even a concern for them, outside the realm of the impacts on the future of the business.