View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstateglfr View Post
I agree. I was just responding to an earlier mention of Ritchey having an XXL size.
It may work for someone tallish that wants a CX bike with a more traditional bb height.

The real point of my post though was to show how even their XXL stack is...limited.
What are your expectations fit-wise? Are you trying to ride with the handlebars level to the saddle? At 6’4 my 59 road logic was fine with 13cm stem, similar stack and reach to 61cm offerings from other mainstream brands. There was a lot of saddle/bar drop and I ran a -17. I rode an XL Swisscross last year which definitely fit a bit small, but there was still a whole other size above that.
Not trying to be argumentative but a sweeping statement like “these bikes aren’t big enough” might be true for your stack needs but not necessarily for a different but similarly sized rider. perhaps that speaks to intended use of the bike.

I don’t do any rando stuff but very interested in the Montebello when they become widely available. Might be in the minority for Ritchey owners but I wish they’d run the disc lines internally from the downtube.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6311.jpg (149.7 KB, 220 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6312.jpg (150.9 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by slambers3; 04-18-2024 at 01:19 PM.