View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 09:13 PM

Bikes Stolen - SF Bay Area - Hampsten/Gaulzetti/Sachs

Gang,
It saddens me to report that my custom Gaulzetti and custom Hampsten were stolen from my home in the Oakland/Berkeley Hills on, I believe, Christmas Eve at approximately 8:30-9:30am. The Gaulzetti was a custom corsa and the Hampsten was a Ti Gran Paradiso. I've attached pics....both are distinctive and both have ISP's so they should be unmistakeable if seen. The Zetti had a custom painted Team Embrocation Cinelli Ram, destickered cosmic carbone ultimates, and SR11. The Hampsten had a pmp topper, Sachs bartape, powertap rear/alchemy front, and SR11; both bikes were still spec'd very similar to what is in the pics.

**EDIT - AND Richard Sachs Team CX Bike in a size 54. Same standard paint scheme with Cole CX wheels, and SRAM.

I have a surveillance system and our neighborhood has surveillance at all entry points, as well so we're reviewing footage. Police reports have been filed, but you know how that goes. I feel pretty good about capturing enough video images between my video surveillance, my neighbor's system, and the neighborhood system.

However, I really want these bikes back so please keep an eye out. These are the 2 bikes that I really ride the most and, beyond the high cost, I've invested more time, effort, and emotion spec'ing these two specifically for myself than any other bike I've owned. I was just commenting to a family member on the fact that I couldn't see myself ever letting either of them go.

I'll look for the thread with the details of the bike recovery group for the bay area but if anyone has that info, could you please PM me?

I've attached the only pics I have...the pic of the Zetti was pre-cut ISP of course. Both bikes were ~52st/56tt.

EDIT - I don't have any pics handy of a Sachs CX bike but of anyone else does I'm looking for one to post as an example.

Thanks again all, I really appreciate it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0849.jpg (53.9 KB, 1316 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0850.jpg (47.9 KB, 1074 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0851.jpg (136.4 KB, 1332 views)

Last edited by aoe; 12-27-2013 at 11:59 AM.