View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
Hey fellas, what can I tell ya? I don't know anything about why you feel this way other than you feel this way. Fine with me but I read all sorts of OpEds primarily from NYTimes and WSJ and I might disagree with some of the opinions but I don't view it as personal. Frankly the only weird columns come from Trump apologists that make their way into the WSJ occasionally but that's OK too because seeing that thought process on paper is its own thing altogether.

I see all forms of thoughts and ideas as currency. Their denominations will of course vary based on how I think I value them from my own thought process but in whatever myriad way I can get at those ideas, I get richer in the process because those inputs improve my own mosaic.

I am not defending David Brooks. I am saying use him and any others you can find to help you see a bigger world.
The substance x medium on his piece is a well thought observation. Not an absolute just like no observation can be generalized but as a state of affairs is pretty acurate.
I wish he could extend his logic and reach the place where we could talk about the increase in cheap morality.