View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 09:43 AM

FYI still a couple nits with my Edge 130, namely:
Battery life - with 3-sensors, livetrack, GPS glonass, no routing I get ~<10hrs. The 15hrs is a bit of a fallacy promised by Garmin would be if you ran the device with virtually no features or sensors. Further although I've only done a handful of cold-weather rides this season there have been reports of diminished battery life in the cold, which may or may not be related to a recent FW release-still to be determined.

Altimeter altimeter is all over the place, I live in NYC basically at sea-level, and sometimes the Edge 130 will give goofy starting elev. like -200ft . It kinda rights itself out over the course of a ride, but is still an annoying bug. They've added a manual calibration but there are still issues.

I do really like the tiny size and features (if they all work) of the Edge 130, but sometimes wishing I ponied up a little more for the 520 plus, which seems to be more stable in the above areas, and has more advanced features.

Edit: Not sure what your intended trainer use is, but if you want to use in conjunction and control a Smart trainer you need to step up to the 520 series. The 130 is very basic in it's training features much beyond simply displaying sensor data fields.

Last edited by MagicHour; 03-14-2019 at 12:36 PM.