View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:08 PM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti Designs View Post
I didn't say "they're idiots", I said "we're idiots", myself included. Dare I ask how many people here drive vehicles that weigh over 5000 pounds and have at least 5 seats, as personal transportation??? It's not a question of reading level, it's a question of perspective. If nobody ever sees themselves as part of the problem, the problem never gets solved. On the other hand, you can always blame the problem on all those other people...
Yes, I understood what you were saying. And yes, I was extending the gist of what you were saying to include all of us, including me, as a nation, to the topic I was writing about. We were talking on slightly different problems and trains of thought however the core throughout both our discussions remains of one concerning perspectives.

I am not blaming others, I accept my responsibility and contribution to larger problems and I ask others to accept the same and together we work towards a solution. "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

I have never owned or desired a SUV in my lifetime. I'd dare say that I have never owned a vehicle in excess of 4,000 pounds in GW (Gross vehicle weight). I have however participated in motorsports which some might view as wasteful of gasoline - to them I'd say there's good in all things taken in moderation.