View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huck*this View Post
Two totally different worlds. I would not classify spin in the same category as cycling. Easy to cheat let up on a spin bike, can't do so on a road/mtb bike.
Agree with this perspective. I do Spin Classes when I am on travel because I dont take a bike. Ive done all the big places, SoulCycle, RPM, CycleBar, a few others. Basically it works to help keep a strong aerobic system, if you work. Typically, most of the "cyclist" are loafing, very low resistance on the wheel and they "fake" the pain. That said, there are some very serious spinners who grind me into the dust.

The biggest difference is that you do things in a Spin Class you would never do on a bike. Jumps, who the H goes from seated to standing on a 2 or 4 count. Push-ups? Crunches? Dumbells???

For me its about mixing things up (keeping my training fresh) but when I go in, I go in to work not screw around and check out the scenery. I think that used appropriately its a good way to ride and do other stuff that keeps up the overall fitness, but I don't believe that it "improves" my cycling in any way.

My 2 cents

Ray