View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:32 AM
It An't Me Babe

I usually directly quote who I'm responding to to address the point & the person head on but there's too much fuzziness in what the negativity to the Walton heirs and certain big business practices as voiced in this thread.

Sure, some of these posts express unhappiness. But what do you suggest doing about it and what specifically do you want?

Even as a conservative, I take the view that unfettered capitalism is rapacious. I also take the view that, even as a conservative, modern democratic government must take a more active role in protection of its citizenry consistent to and consistent with a modern progression in conservative principles. It must be this way because the modern world and economic globalism is too complex for the vast average citizens to cope. All this done not as economic redistribution but as progressive maintenance of social order and institutions as to conserve.

This is a free country. With mostly a free market underpinning the capitalism of its economy. Some the responses in this thread parse capitalism as if to denote a desire for capitalism that meets with your own standard for what capitalism should be. Ludicrous and contradictory to the creative construct of what capitalism engenders and ferments. It's like the joke from the Woody Allen movie where the woman says she finally had an orgasm and her shrink then told her she had the wrong kind. Some of the gripes heard here is capitalism being the wrong kind.

Sometimes these discussions bring on a populist vent & rant which is fine. But what comes next has gotta be thought given to what to do about it. Ideas move nations, creates opportunity and wealth. Let us all find a way to move forwards together and fix the problems.