View Single Post
Old 04-10-2024, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
When I got my Lamsons, I considered the price, compared to a set of Reserve Wheels with DT350 hubs, and concluded that the shoes would work on almost all of my bikes, unlike disc carbon wheels. I am in my upper 50s, not that far from 60, and I decided to get two bolt gravel shoes that I can walk around in and not worry about the sole. I put some nice Look Xtrack pedals on the Open Min.d, and my gravel and MTB have XT SPD pedals. I want to be comfortable for long hours in the saddle.

I still have my Shimano R321 wides with SPD-R cleats for the road bikes with Shimano pedals, but none see more than two hours at a time.
I always get a kick out of people who will spend thousands on high-end carbon wheels, and hundreds for the latest Rapha and MAAP clothing, and then complain about the price of good shoes. Shoes are probably one of the most important pieces of kit or equipment you own. They are the contact point through which power is applied to the pedals and drive-train, and a good fit is critical if you are spending hours on a bike.