View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 11:00 AM

Trek Crockett - question for owners

For those that own a Trek Crockett, or deal with Treks, I have a question about installing an internal Di2 system on this frame. I do not own one of these at this time but am looking to pick one up and ideally build it out with hydraulics and Di2.

From what I can tell there are two things missing:

1. No hole in the seat tube for a front derailleur wire. I could always make a nice neat little hole for this.

2. I checked out a complete build of a Crockett on a showroom floor. The downtube does not join the bottom bracket in a 'traditional' manner. See internet photo below. The downtube is attached to the BB 75% of the way around with the bottom portion of the down tube left open for the front derailleur cable to come out of. This leads me to speculate that there isn't a hole in the BB shell where the down tube joins it.
If the BB does not have a hole where the downtube joins, then there can not be a wire coming from junction box A (from the shifters) to connect to junction box B which would be in the seat tube - for a completely internal Di2 system.

Just for clarity...traditionally there are holes in the BB shell for junction of:
- Each chainstay
- Seat tube
- Down tube

Does anyone know for a fact that there is or isn't a hole in the BB shell where the downtube joins?

Any other things to consider on building a Crockett with internal Di2?

It looks like you can run a wire to the rear derailleur through the chainstay drain hole. (see internet photo below - this photo came from a guy that built up an external Di2 system with a single chainring. I am looking to have a front derailleur as well as everything internal).

Last edited by bewheels; 10-02-2016 at 03:17 AM.