View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzalow View Post
I interpret the overtone in accusations of antisemitism in what AR has chosen as quotations from noted bankers as a reach. These bankers did not what they do for reasons of religious acculturation but because they are bankers doing what bankers do.
Invoking the greed of the money changers has been one of cornerstones of antisemitism since there was a Temple to cleanse. And references to conspiracies led by the Rothschilds* have been used to whip up hatred of Jews for more than two centuries. Even still, I want to be clear that I wasn't accusing Ray of antisemitism. I was suggesting that his hatred of the Fed seemed to be blinding him to the implications of the lousy rhetorical company he was keeping.

In the end, I don't care that much. If people want to traffic in subtle (not very subtle, actually) antisemitism, it's just not the end of the world. Still, I thought Ray might want to be aware that that's how he's being read.

* In fairness, some members of the family were involved in a variety of shady deals.