View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 10:13 AM

@Kobe those are 650b x 42mm GK's. They roll very nicely - fast and smooth - and the volume definitely provides a lot more cushion than even the 30mm Challenge P-R's I'm used to. I'm running them at 45 psi iirc. I haven't really had them long enough to do a lot of off pavement riding but my limited experience impression (based on a few rides around NYC plus one 25 mile shakedown ride upstate with some gravel) is they are great for dry stuff but if it's wet they don't provide a ton of extra traction, though better than a thinner non-knobby tire.

If you are thinking the tanwall, I was pretty surprised when I received them that they are really brown. Not so much a natural gumwall color but a brown brown. At first I was a bit put off, but once on the bike I don't mind it. They do seem like they stand a better chance of staying clean than a lighter gumwall side casing.

I haven't run them tubeless yet, and that was why I bought these over Compass 42mm pass, and plan to but need to build a tubeless 650b wheelset first. These aren't officially labelled tubeless compatible but my understanding is they basically are tubeless compatible.