View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C40_guy View Post
My business travel is picking up a bit, mostly 2-3 days. I need to carry business casual and I'm pretty good at packing. (I carry a lot...but pack well. I am by no means a minimalist)

I've used a Tom Bihn suitcase in the past and like the wheels-free mobility.

I'm thinking that perhaps a traditional backpack might be something to try
Since you mentioned Tom Bihn have you considered the Synik 30?

https://www.tombihn.com/products/syn...42087190757565

This has a 270 degree zipper so you can fold it flat and load it like a suitcase/duffel. Side access for a laptop/tablet. Very good pouches on the front for accessories, water bottle, etc. Zip pouch at the bottom is large enough to hold a pair of running shoes with shorts/socks stuffed inside. This approach works well for me as it leaves one large center section that you can either run empty or pack pretty full with suitcase style things, side access to laptop/tablet is great. I leave the front packed at all times with charging cables, pens, water bottle, running shoes.

I haven't used this for business travel much (my travel volume is down from what it was five years ago) but have successfully used it as a single bag for long weekend personal trips multiple times. Including a few on Frontier airlines where it was my personal item to avoid the excessive baggage fees they charge.

I think the big question you need to ask is volume. If you can get by with 30L then something like the Synik is going to be much easier to carry around day to day and look more professional than a hiking backpack. It also would fit under the seat in front of you where a 40+ L pack would not.

Last edited by Wunder; 04-17-2024 at 01:54 PM.