View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 572cv View Post
No experience with the Gavilan, but I am now using the Orucase. It is pretty easy and fast to pack the bike in the thing. The padding and organization are good. The easiest way to see the packing procedure is to go to their website and click on the 'packing instructions' header. The case only weighs about 10-12lbs, and so, fully loaded you can get into the low 30s overall. Very manageable. Also, if you have a swivel suitcase, it can sit right on top of the suitcase and you can roll the whole mess around the station or the airport.
Perhaps importantly, a 53 frame might fit into a legal sized Orucase (the 62 inch thing). You can contact the guys with your frame dimensions and they'll tune the bag for it.
The only thing I have found that is awkward is that the wheel location, while safe and sound for the wheels, places the hub right in the middle of my back if I am trying to carry it with the backpack straps. But since there is no need to do that (for me), it is not a biggie. This is a good product, imho.

Looking at switching from Pika to this.

Mailed them and they said that the standard was 69", and the 62 has less protection. My wife's is a small bike [50cm], and mine is a 54. What would you suggest?

I really dont want to have to buy the Oru and then still get caught on the sizing, but I dont want to scrounge on the protection either.