View Single Post
Old 04-15-2024, 07:15 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smontanaro View Post
I've got a set of hubs (Suzue Classica) whose rear hub has pretty dramatically different flange-to-center distances between left and right. When I feed the data into Edd, I get a crazy small left/right tension ratio, something like 41%. In contrast, old Campy Nuovo Record low flange hubs yield a 58% ratio.

One way I can try to move the tension more toward 100% is to reduce the number of crosses on the left side, so 3x on the right, 2x or even 1x on the left. I'd like to get a decent estimate of the resulting tension ratio. Is this something which is easily calculated? Edd doesn't support different number of spoke crossings left v right. Are there online spoke calculators which do? Maybe just a simple formula involving spoke lengths?
Left hand spokes need to 'support' the right side regardless of lacings. 2x or 1x or even radial won't really make a difference.

DT spoke calc along with others will let you change lacings left and right for spoke calc.

As has been mentioned, some sort of 2:1 lacing will help..16RH spokes, 8LH , type deal. But ya gotta have a proper rim for that..24h