View Single Post
Old 12-24-2013, 07:42 PM

Laurelwood

No IPA list is complete without Workhorse IPA from Laurelwood Brewing in Portland - it stands up there with the best.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/16289/41872/

As somebody who has a keg of IPA on tap at all times, I've sampled many from all around the country, and Workhorse may be one I can call my favorite.

Tip o' the hat to Russian River, Terminal Gravity, Green Flash, Deschutes Inversion (best readily available in sixers in the NW, hands down), Fort George Vortex (best at Timbers games), Hair of the Dog Blue Dot, and others I can't think of right now.

Other than Workhorse, all but Inversion and Terminal gravity have been mentioned already, but worth another shout out.

Looking at the Beer Advocate IPA rankings, I must say that I started drinking Bell's Two Hearted when it was introduced in 22oz bottles in the '90s and as much as I love it for sentimental reasons, it doesn't hold a candle to the above mentioned beers. Still have some of those original bottles, in fact, along with some Bells' 1000, 1500, 2000, and 3000 batches saved in the cellar. I think it's safe to say Bells changed my life in the '80s.

Cheers,
Harth

Last edited by pdxharth; 12-25-2013 at 12:48 PM.