View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 09:52 AM

IME my Domane's seatpost does not move as I pedal if my fit is correct. If the fit is off and your pedal stroke is compromised, it will bob.

But it definitely does "sag" like a shock when you put your weight on it. That is what I was referring to in my previous comment. I basically have to take that into account when setting the bike up just like I do on my MTB.

The front end on these bikes is really excellent but it's not going to do anything for your hands unless your fit is right. Your hands hurting IME has less to do with tires and bumps in the road.. your hands will hurt on a super smooth road with 4" fat bike tires if the fit is wrong and you are having to hold your upper body up with your hands.

Other than the slight annoyance with having to compensate the fit for the moving seat mast this bike is my favorite I've had. I never had a Legend ST but I had a Concours and the Domane rides better than that. I test rode a Seven Axiom SL last year for 50+ miles as well and the Domane is better than that too IMO. More comfortable and more responsive.

The ISO speed decoupler's crowning achievement is on washboard and/or pavement that has been scarified in preparation for repaving. It just about completely erases the vibration of that scarified pavement. Unreal.