View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguedog View Post
Another article with some nice closeups of a ti frame.

Eric, I assume you own a frame or have some personal experience with the brand. Can you elaborate on your experience and the bike you have and why you chose Legend versus another brand? Basically, a ride review, please

I think this might also help bring something personal to this post. I hadn't heard of Legend but after googling, it looks like a really cool history with forward thinking innovation in its dna.

Thanks for supporting the forum
My pleasure, and thanks for the article. While most folks tend to steer towards carbon, the article shows Marco's genuine affinity for Ti.

While I have previously ridden Marco's Ti, I am currently on a carbon frame, and will be having a Titanium frame built for me after holiday in Italy.

My HT9.5 is my favorite, as it an all around dream to ride with no weight limit. It's tube to tube bonding gives it a smooth appearance. With Legend, you won't find fancy shaped tubing and today's current trend. His bikes stand the test of time and still look the part after next years trend yields something different. A good aspect for me being traditional. Perhaps not for some.

In an effort not to sound biased, I find I'm able to manage the horrific PA roads in comfort. The frame is stiff and light enough for the rolling terrain, yet compliant. Legend frames come with an English thread BB which has never let me down, which may add to the stiffness. Being 168lbs, I'm unable to flex the frame. The downhills are my favorite aspect of the bike. It tracks beautifully around twisty roads and feels stable and secure on fast descents. I admit that I love the speed of the downhills, and again, the tube to tube bonds with hand wrapping gives me the confidence and security that the frame won't fail.

I have ridden many frames, each with their own personal attributes. Wheels and tires influence the ride quality as well. No doubt one can choose a frame size at a local bike shop, tweak the stem length, and get a darn close fit. I chose Legend since I like the customization of having a bike built to my exact measurements, while being able to choose color, parts, etc. I have also had the pleasure of riding Bertoletti built frames in the past while racing. He has also built frames for other pros branded with their team's logos.

I hope this offers a little help without coming across as predisposed or influenced. Certainly not my intention.

Thanks again,
Eric